Sunday, August 06, 2006

hugs, coffee and Mac & Cheese...

Mom and Sarah made it here okay... after a 2 delayed planes, lost luggage, and rushing between airports in Moscow- but they're here! Gavin is enjoying them so much...as well as all the gifts they brought with them! I know this is crazy, but I was so excited to see several boxes of Kraft Mac n cheese! It's been so long! Of all things, I never knew it could taste so good! My dad leaves today for Scotland and will be arriving in Krasnodar on the 16th. Got to talk to him last night and can't wait till he can join us!

Right now JB, mom , and Sarah are at church- I'm home with Gavin- he's sick...he's been sick and gradually getting worse. Started with an ear infection a few days ago and progressed to a runny nose and he woke up in the middle of the night throwing up and with a croup type cough- It was awful! We spent a long time in the bathroom with the shower running so he could breath and the rest of the morning we've been in the rocker. It is not often that I get to cuddle Gavin, so I enjoy it whenever I can get- though it's never fun for him to be sick! I could tell he wasn't feeling better when - yesterday he let Sarah hold him while he watched Elmo's world...he just layed his head on her and watched the whole episode, cuddled in her arms- I think that was a first...not sure he's EVER sat that long and let someone cuddle him!

They're starting to get over jet lag, so today we'll most likely hit downtown and do some shopping- I took them to the market very quickly yesterday because I had to buy a few things- but we didn't stay long because it is so very hot! and the forecast says it is only supposed to get worse! Who ever imagined we would have 108F weather in Russia! Add in the humidity and it's just awful!!! We have 2 small window units in our apartment that usually take the bite out of the heat, but lately they haven't even been able to touch it-

We've just been catching up and hugging lots the past day and a half- and Gavin has been loving all over mom and Sarah- but we have hopes of maybe getting to the sea next weekend and we'll do they normal sightseeing this week when we're not in classes- not to mention shopping. We can't wait to show them all our favorite places to eat and go walking... I'm so glad we live so very close to downtown- because there are always shows and group performing in the streets, accordion players and violinists and lots of vendors selling souvenirs- and there are always soft serve icecream vendors downtown- I can't wait to show them all of it! But first I can't wait to hear their impressions of church- especially since today is communion sunday- It's so different from what most are used to in the states. For starters it is served from a common cup that is passed down the ailes... can't wait till they get home!

Chicken salad for lunch today and then Sarah is going to show me all her photos from her missions trip to Guatamala! Have a blessed day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that they made it there safe and you finally get some love from mommy whats better than that????? Hope Gavin gets to feeling better soon but it is nice to be able to cuddle once in a while!!!!
love you Jeri Rae