I'm losing my mind! I think I have been on here half the night just trying to get stuff done that should only have taken me 45 minutes if our dsl was up! Fortunately a guy showed up from the internet service to work on our phone line today- the unfortunate part was that he was pounding on our door as I was climbing out of the shower and Gavin was napping... hmph.
Today was one of those crazy busy kind of days, but very enjoyable none the less. JB spent most of the day getting the oil changed in the car and getting the new temperature sensor installed- we ordered the part almost a month ago and it's finally here! The rest of the day he spent putting in new lights in our bathroom! He has been a busy been since we moved in... he's done so much, especially in the bathroom. I thought today that I should have taken before and after pics because it's completely different! He installed a new shower fixture (the shower head wasn't attached to the wall) so now there's a nice new shower head and fixture. He installed a new mirror and put a shelf above it. And today he installed 2 new lights on either side of the mirror...it's looks so nice in there! Next week he's going to put together the skinny skoff we bought at IKEA so we can put all our toilitries and the laundry detergent in it- they're still in boxes on the floor in the bathroom! I promise I'll post pictures when it's all finished! and of course when our dsl is up- it's so frustrating for me to post pictures w/o it b/c I sit here forever...waiting...and waiting...and waiting... I think high speed internet has made me impatient. Or rather, I've let myself become impatient.
Gavin is changing so much everyday it's hard to keep up. I'm always thinking of new things he's doing that I want to post about. The 4th of July he had his first nap in a "big boy bed"...we were at a friends house and I didn't think about bringing our pack 'n play for him to nap in, so I layed him down in their sons bed upstairs, closed the door- and he went right to sleep! I was shocked he didn't get up and play with the toys in there. When he woke up he waited for me to come in and get him- maybe he didn't realize there was nothing keeping him in the bed- but either way- I was so proud of my little boy! We've been thinking about when to put him in a regular bed b/c he is very quickly outgrowing his pack 'n play. We decided not to buy a crib for him b/c we would have no where to store it when he outgrew it and frankly the quality of cribs we can buy here are not what we're used to- only recently have we been able to order things from IKEA and only recently have we found cribs that meet the safety standards we're accustomed to. But, looking at him- if he lays out in his crib his head touches one end and his feet the other- he's just really really tall... he hasn't figured out how to climb out yet (PTL!) but we took the toddler bed that Stas and Inna gave us anyway- It's already in his room, waiting for me to paint it...
Summersaults. Not quite. Today he figured out how much fun it is to bend over and look through his legs at the world. We watched him do this repeatedly for almost an hour! He would reach through his legs and wave to us and he tried clapping between his legs, only to quickly realize that he had to have at least one hand on the ground or he would fall on his face! We got several cute pictures, which I'll be sure to post later!
Gavin's Aunt Crick has high-5 practice w/ Gavin whenever we're together and I think it's finally paying off! Whenever you hold your hand up he give you a high 5 and gets a kick out of "up high, down low..." It's so cute to see him giving all his Aunts and Uncles high-5's these days!
On a sad note, I made fajitas for supper and used the last of my taco and fajita seasoning... but it was well worth it! Don came over and joined us for supper- our first dinner guest in our new place... not counting eating sloppy joes with everyone that helped us move it :)
Tomorrow we're getting together with a few friends and JB and I are going to hopefully finish putting everything away!
No comments:
Post a Comment