Okay, so we're not exactly homeless...but we still don't have a place to rent. So, as of July 1st...we might be :) ! We were supposed to look at one house in a great location with a great yard (so we're told) yesterday- but it fell through. We went today to meet the landlord and check it out only to be hit in the face with LIFE here. On the way there the realtor called to say that the landlord isn't sure that he wants to rent the place now (!) but she told us to go check it out anyway because "maybe he'll change his mind" (!). He had said he would be there all day- but apparently the only time he wasn't there was when we had scheduled to meet him! So, never did get to look at the place.
I came home to a nice chat with Inna. Have a mentioned that I am really, really, really going to miss her.?!!! I think she feels very badly that we have no idea where we'll live. They tried hooking us up with their friends place, but there was no way it could have worked comfortably for us- Though we were deeply appreciative of their help. If only they could buy a duplex and we could just live in one side of it... We had a great chat today while Gavin was napping. When she left we were both crying. She has so much going on, and she's so worried how it will all work out- they haven't told their kids that they're moving yet, nor have they found a house to move in to ...
Gavin. He's a walking maniac! I haven't seen him crawl in quite some time now. I can hardly stand to look at him b/c he's grown up so very fast. Some days I look at him and just can't fathom where the little baby face went to! His face has thinned out and he has the most joyous smile I have ever seen, as of late. He plays all afternoon with the cat and his 'sword'...he carries this blue plastic 'pole' around, waving it in the air! It was part of a stacking toy that- you put plastic rings over. He could care less about they toy- all his wants is his 'sword'. He is babbling all the time, especially mama, mom, dada. Inna is convinced he's saying nya-nya, which is the russian word for nanny...! very possible! He has finally started using his sign lanuage we started teaching him 6 months ago! He now askes for "more" and says "please" and "thank you". Inna came to me surprised today- to tell me that he had asked for "more"! What a thought to think that he understands so much in English AND in Russian... hmm.
Joy. In the midst off all that is going on God has brought me joy in so many ways. I found a bag of Starbucks coffee in my cupboard- when I was convinced I was out. We recieved a box filled with some girl scout cookies from Keith and Terry- thanks guys!!!! I used the last of my rice crispies cereal (that I bought in Finland in January) to make rice crispie treats- yum! We had an amazing Russian Easter service this past Sunday- the biggest celebration service I've ever been a part of- it was even complete with balloons! We have been blessed with several guests over the past two weeks- I love having people in our home! I found time to clean our house from top to bottom- nothing nicer that a really clean house! I found chocolate to make easter candies- and we made them! The tulips are in full bloom all over the city- it's absolutely beautiful! That's only the beginning...God blesses me in so many ways, each and ever day...I never want to lose sight of His working in my life- each and every day!
I want to ask those of you who are reading this to pray for our church here in Krasnodar. Yesterday was the final hearing for a suit that was brought against our church by the city. The following is an excerpt from an email sent by our field director- asking people to pray:
Dear Prayer Warriors,
Just a few days ago we wrote to you with the following request:
Pray about the continuing lawsuits against the church construction
in the center of Krasnodar. Permits granted by the city have been
withdrawn and backdated as if they never happened. The threat is
very serious. Please pray for protection against the enemy's schemes.
Pray also for the church and its leaders.
Just six months ago, this same lawsuit was thrown out of court for a lack of any substantive evidence. The city brought suit again and through the above tactics have been able to gain a ruling in their favor. Today the judge in the case ordered that this church building, nearing completion, be torn down.
The church has ten days in which to submit their appeal. Please pray for wisdom for them and for a judge who will act independently of outside pressures. More than that, we recognize that our battle is not against flesh and blood.... Pray for victory in this pitched spiritual battle.
Thanks for your prayers for us. We are grateful to the Lord for you.
In Christ,
Tom Becker
Russia Field Director
So- please join us in praying for the situation here. This is pretty much commonplace for all of our churches here in Russia. We're always hearing about not being able to find places to rent because no one will rent space to an evangelical church and they are never able to get the documents and permits in order to build. In fact, there is a large church (~3000 people) here, in Krasnodar, that is meeting in huge tents outside the city for this very reason... There has been some serious spiritual warfare going on in our churches here in Russia- only going to show that Satan is on the move. he wouldn't waste his time if God wasn't trying to do something in this nation. Please pray with us for the situation in Russia, and for our church here in Krasnodar.
No comments:
Post a Comment