Haircut
I
gave Gavin his first haircut yesterday
afternoon! I couldn't stand his 'baby mullet' any longer! I was trying to wait till his first birthday, but it's only 3 weeks away- close enough! He did great- He sat in his high chair in his diaper watching Baby Beethoven- happy as could be! Only noticed me cutting his hair when I walked in front of the TV...! I saved an inch long lock of his hair for his baby book... when ever I get time to put some more of it together! He looks like a "little boy" now...My baby is quickly growing up!Playground
JB saw a really nice playground the other week and wanted to take Gavin b/c they had 'baby swings'- the only time I've ever seen them here! So, we hopped on the tram and took him out there. As we're walking up to the swings a woman stops me and asks me for money- telling me I have to pay for a ticket in order to play in, what I thought, was a 'public' playground...I didn't know any other kind existed! So, 40 Rubles, and 20 minutes later, we left.
New Movie
JB brought home a new DVD the other day- Robots. I haven't laughed so hard in quite a long time! I can't wait to watch it again, as I'm sure I missed plenty of the hidden jokes b/c i was laughing so hard!
Packages
This has been the week for packages! We received on from BAC- that contained 4 packages of OREO cookies! Heaven in a box! I put them right in the freezer b/c I knew if we kept them in the cabinet they wouldn't last very long! We also received our last Christmas card :) In March! Love it! And, Gavin got a package from his church- every MK has a church that adopts them. He has been going to town on the plain Cheerios they sent and enjoying the socks and outfit they sent! He looks so cute in the little Old Navy ballcap that JB's mom sent too! He just looks so grown up with his little shoes, haircut and hat on! Such a handsome little boy!
Shashleek
JB was able to initiate his "mangal" last weekend- we had friends over for Shashleek- it was so yummy! The guys got a bottle of Kvas just for kicks- Kvas is a drink made from fermented bread- about as tasty a
s it sounds! It looks and smells quite similar to beer w/o all the alcohol- hence, the guys jokingly call it "Baptist beer"... In the summer you can buy icy cold kvas on every corner! Gavin has such a blast playing with Talitha- they really enjoyed rocking together in my rocking chair- and she planted a big wet one right on his lips....His face was priceless! We were lucky to get a few photos!
Though, we threatened his life if he ever lets another girl kiss him like that w/o putting a ring on her finger! LOLCheesecake
I made 2 cheesecakes this week! Why? Well- the first one was just to try out my recipe- since I had never made it before, and I was able to find cream cheese... I made the second one for Stas and Inna- Monday was their 13 yr anniversary! They both turned out beautiful, and very tasty!
Stas, Inna, and the boys
All the kids are out of school this past week b/c of spring break- so we decided to treat Stas and Inna to dinner w/o the boys- I made lasagna, salad, bread, and cheescake and took it over to their place- along w/ candles and Pepsi. We dropped off dinner and took the boys- we had arranged to take them bowling! We had such a great time and Stasik and Zhenya really enjoyed it! We played one game, ate some pizza, then gave them the choice of another game of bowling, or video games in the arcade- bowling it was... ! Gavin absolutely loves the boys- all they have to do is look at him, and he starts giggling! We brought the boys home and put Gavin into bed- waaaay past his bedtime! I knew Stas and Inna liked lasagna, but apparently they like cheescake too- Inna was asking me the next morning for my recipe- we're always exchanging recipes- she is such a great cook!
No comments:
Post a Comment