Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Life happens.

So...Life has been happening all around us lately.

Gavin
Gavin has taken his first (significant number of) steps, multiple times- back and forth between mom and dad! It is such an incredible thrill to watch all his firsts, to watch him learn new things every day, to be part of each of his new discoveries...I love being a mom! We received his new shoes in the mail yesterday! They are so cute, and the first one's I've put on his feet that he hasn't spent all his energy trying to rip off! I have had a terrible time trying to find decent children's shoes here that are under 50$- so I ended up ordering a few pairs from www.preschoolians.com - I absolutely love them, and so does Gavin. They are so cute- brown leather w/ little bears on them! He looked adorable today in his little nylon hiking pants, shoes, and his shirt from Oma w/ a bear and a tent on it...So cute- I just want to eat him up! He needs a hair cut...I just can't bear to do it! I love his long hair and it's only 5 more weeks till he's a year old...I'll just hold out a little while longer!

New Toys
We purchased Gavin's birthday gifts and some new bath toys the other day- JB picked out a children's bean bag chair from IKEA- in the shape of a frog. (He absolutely loves crawling over and throwing himself on cushions and pillows, so he will love it!) and he's also getting a farm tractor and trailer full of animals...when you press the farmer he sings/hums "Old MacDonald Has a Farm", when you press the horn the lights light up, when you press the smoke stack it starts rolling across the floor! When you press each animal it makes it's sound...he's been all about making lion, dog, and cow sounds lately. When we bought it he couldn't keep his hands out of the shopping bag...I cant wait to give it to him! That same shopping trip we bought a few new bath toys b/c all of his are filled w/ mildew and impossible to clean... time for some that won't take on water!

Toy for JB
So...we couldn't get Gavin toys w/o getting something for my biggest boy! We bought a "Mangal"- it's basically a grill w/o a grill- the skewers lay across the top for making shashleek! Thursday night we're having friends over for our first at home shashleek night! Can't wait!

Poor Sleep
I haven't had a decent nights sleep in a very long time...we thought it was the mattress, which was terrible, so we bought a new one (our place came furnished w/ a bed/mattress, and a few other things...)...Well, apparently it's not just the mattress, but also the bed frame- it creates a huge 'speed bump' in the middle of the bed. This has only contributed to some terribly uncomfortable sleep that gets worse and worse with each passing night...So-

IKEA
we ordered a bed from IKEA...If only there was one here in Krasnodar... So, the next best thing- there are two 'catalog' stores here- one charges 30% and the other an extra 50%! The sad thing is it was cheaper to buy a bed from there with the extra 30% than it was to buy a good quality bed here in the furniture market! I can't wait! We also ordered our coffee table and end tables- I'll send pics when they arrive next week! Did I mention I'm sooooo excited!

Born in the USA
At Gavin's baby shower my friend, Liesl, had everyone decorate onesies w/ fabric paint....I just pulled out his 2T clothes yesterday (can you believe he's THAT big already!) and found the cutest one- decorated by Liesl! ...It says "Born in the USA"...I just laughed and laughed...Thanks, Liesl! Not all MK's can make that claim!

Tears
I cried twice today- it has been a long while since I've cried that much in one day... The first time was not a 'happy situation'- I was just processing some things that have been going on at school for several months and well...Still not sure how I'll resolve it, or if it's even possible...But- anyway... Nothing a hug and slobbery kiss from Gavin won't cure! My second tearfilled moment occurred with I walked in the livingroom and paused in the doorway for several minutes - watching Gavin and JB...JB was showing him the stereo- watching the CD spin around and touching the speakers, feeling the bass, adjusting the volume...they were so enthralled w/ the moment...There is nothing like seeing your husband spend quality time with your child. There is nothing that makes you love your husband more than watching him love your son. I'm so fortunate to have such a great husband, who is also a great Dad... I love my boys.

Tupperware
Final note...Tupperware has come to Russia...so you can add it to the list with Avon and MaryKay...if only Pampered Chef were here...life would be fantastic!

3 comments:

~Melissa~ said...

GO Gavin! I can't believe it! That's got to be exciting for you two. And wearing 2T?! OMGoodness... They're growing too fast.

~Melissa~ said...

GO Gavin! I can't believe it! That's got to be exciting for you two. And wearing 2T?! OMGoodness... They're growing too fast.

~Melissa~ said...

GO Gavin! I can't believe it! That's got to be exciting for you two. And wearing 2T?! OMGoodness... They're growing too fast.