Monday, February 20, 2006

Freezer Repair Guy- ahhhh

So, first the good news...We bought a freezer! It's so great to have space to store Gavin's baby food and meat and veggies so I don't have to go to the store every other day! It's an upright freezer and I'm very happy with it, outside of the fact that it makes my already small kitchen, look even smaller!

No for the "exciting" part...As we were moving the freezer into the kitchen we realized it was missing one of the back wheels, so apart from being very difficult to move it's slightly unstable. When we plugged it in it was very very loud! We were told we have a week to return it and a one-year guarantee. JB and Denis went down to the store on Friday and had them schedule a repair man to come and look at it. They were told he would be there on Tuesday, which was great b/c JB would be home! Well, as life is here, they called on Monday morning as we were walking out the door to tell us he would be coming today! But they were unable to guestimate as to what time. I was very late getting home from school b/c I couldn't get a bus and you can't walk very fast when there is slippery ice beneath your feet! I was rushing b/c my language helper needed to come early (2 instead of 2:30) and I had to feet Gavin and get some lunch before she arrived. I walked through the door at 1:45 to a very cranky, hungry little boy and Inna's news that the repair man would be there "sometime after lunch". Right after Inna left the bell on our gate was ringing and I stuck Gavin in his high chair and ran out to let Svyeta in- to my surprise and frustration it was our friendly, neighborhood, freezer repair man! I let him in and quickly explained to him what the problem was with our freezer...Then he started asking questions, and in typical fashion, when I didn't understand, he started raising his voice (as if I could suddenly understand Russian if it was spoken at a louder volume!) I began to get very frustrated b/c I had no idea what he was saying about our "guarantee" and the "ventilator" and the "leg"... So before I lost it I picked up the phone and called Inna. I'm so glad they're right next door- she ran over and quickly took over with the freezer guy and I sat down for a sec to feed Gavin before Svyeta showed up. So, turns out that we have a bad ventilator and they'll replace our freezer! To make a long story short, JB and Denis went back to the store yesterday and we need a "document" from the freezer guy before we can get a new freezer...He never left one and he's on 'holiday' right now! Woah...Crazy. So, hopefully we'll get a freezer that's not outrageously loud, some day very soon.

The moral of the story is-
-If the freezer guys is coming, make sure your hubby will be home.
-Don't wait for a bus when there is ice on the ground, save yourself some time and just start walking!
-When someone doesn't understand, it's probably NOT because you're not talking loud enough!

No comments: