Sunday, January 22, 2006

Wonderful Day

When people ask me what I like to do with my free time, I usually don't know what to say, but I've figured it out- I would have days just like today... Gavin slept in late (he woke up at 6:45 to eat, then fell back to sleep till 9:00!) I couldn't believe it either. When we looked outside the were no cars on the road because everything was covered in 4 inches of soft fluffy snow! We left our jammies on and called our friend who usually picks us up for church. Don said he wouldn't be going b/c of the roads. Okay, usually 4 inches isn't a big deal, but when the city you live in never gets snow like this- therefore nobody has any idea how to drive in it! On top of now snow plows or salt...recipe for disaster. So- we hung out with Gavin and I made Starbucks coffee and a pot of chile for lunch. Don came over in the afternoon for lunch and we watched the Steelers vs. Patriots game. We got several taped games from friends of ours in Moscow. It was great to watch football on a Sunday afternoon- and I enjoyed the American commercials (never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth!!!) crazy. After Don left we all put our "snow clothes" on and went outside to take some pictures. Gavin enjoyed the snow falling on his face and knocking the snow off the pine trees! It was so quiet outside, it barely seemed like Russia! I love the snow. It was a beautiful day! We looked up the weather at www.wunderground.com and they said it is supposed to get down to -20C tomorrow and -40C on Saturday (that's close to -40F!!!) I can't even imagine weather that cold! Wow! Anyway- we're getting ready to put Gavin to bed and study (though, it would be nice if we didn't have class tomorrow! )

1 comment:

Mike said...

i'm so jealous. you got snow! we love you guys and thanks for sharing what's going on!