I have the best hubby in the world. Hands down. Days like today remind me of that even more. I was in the kitchen working on supper when I hear Gavin, in the living room w/ JB, babbling away "Ba ba ba ba ba...". Moments later he starts giggling, so- I walked over to the living room. I saw JB on the floor and Gavin 'hiding' in the bottom shelf of our book case. I crawled down there with them as JB started telling me about the "hideout" he wants to build for Gavin...Then, I distinctly I heard Gavin babbling "da da da da da"...Maybe I was just imaging it, or maybe he really was (JB said he was too! ). Wonder if he has any idea who "Dada" is? I know he knows JB b/c he lights up when he walks into the room.... But, needless to say, you know you have a fantastic husband, when you see how very much he loves your child. Nothing confirms in my heart that JB is a wonderful, Godly man, like when I see him playing with Gavin or telling him stories- just loving on him. He'll put the computer away, to get down on the floor and "wrestle" with Gavin. He'll get up in the middle of the night to bring Gavin to me. He'll spend the night in the rocking chair holding him b/c he has an ear infection, and I haven't slept for 2 days.
He knows when I just need a hug, because words won't help. He lets me lie in bed at night and just talk, even when he's tired. He keeps plugging on, trying to learn Russian, even though it's so hard and he gets discouraged sometimes. He goes to the market to buy veggies, so I don't have to go out in the cold. He spendt all afternoon installing weatherstripping on our doors and windows, so we can stay a little warmer (and be free from the "dreaded draft"). When I hear a noise in the middle of the night- he goes downstairs to check on it (even if he's sure it's nothing!). He encourages me. He adds humor to my life. He, lovingly, keeps me and my attitude in check. He's an adventurer- never afraid to go out in the city and check out new places he's never been or tries to buy things he doesn't have the language for- and he always comes home with what he was looking for...still not sure how he does it? He reminds me of my gifts and always tells me that I'm beautiful. He is a fantastic father, an amazing husband, and my very best friend. I love you JB.
No comments:
Post a Comment