Winter. From my understanding winter is typically supposed to be cold. I guess "cold" is a relative term related to how "hot" -hot is. Krasnodar is HOT all summer, and so far it hasn't been cold all winter- though it's only technically been winter here for 8 days (winter in Russia starts the first of December, not the 21st like in the states). Today and yesterday were both very spring-like here. Sunny skies, warm weather, and mud. Lots of mud. Did I mention that it's really muddy? All summer it's so dry and dusty, and apparently all winter it will be wet and muddy. Too bad there's no snow to cover up all the mud- but then of course, if there was snow, it would just melt and only make MORE mud.
Today was a good day. Mostly b/c it is Thursday. Thursdays for us, are like Fridays b/c it is our last day of class for the week! What else makes today a good day? I got to talk to Jeri last night!!! And we were able to call "Big A" (aka Pastor Andy)- but our calling card ran out and it too late to buy another one- the stores were already closed! We tried for 45 minutes to put time on our skype account so we could call from there, but the joys of trying to use your credit card over the internet from a foreign country... So, maybe we'll give him another call tonight. When I was talking w/ Jeri it got me thinking what it will finally be like when I get to see my family and friends again... If they just showed up at my front door tonight, would I just stand there in disbelief? Would I start bawling like a baby? Would I pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming? Random thoughts by Iris. I think someone should try it to find out what I would do- Jeri did you buy your ticket yet? Greta when are you coming? Mom...I know you and the family would love to take an international flight...Do you have your passport yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment