Sunday, December 04, 2005

Saturday night in Russia

Weekends. So many people have asked me what weekends are like here. Well, it's Saturday night here in Krasnodar and we just finished up a great evening with friends. We had 6 of our friends over for dinner and to enjoy our home all decorated for Christmas. I fixed chicken Parmesan, spaghetti, garlic bread, and salad. So tasty! For desert we had brownie sundaes (microwaved brownie batter in the bottom of a bowl till it's almost done, just super fudgy around the edges, then top with icecream), homemade fudge, and caramel pie...not to mention some fantastic starbucks coffee- have I mentioned how much I would love some American coffee beans? Eat 'n Park, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Caribou...shall I continue :) We spent the rest of the evening just hanging out and chatting...

Where was Gavin during all this? He happily greeted everyone when they arrived. Crawled out into the prehosia all dressed in his OshKosh overalls, red shirt, Christmas bib, and Christmas socks...He was full of smiles and laughs all day today. Shortly after everyone arrived I took him upstairs and dressed him in his jammies and fed him and put him to sleep- little angel!

It was so nice to entertain friends in our home and enjoy the wonderful joy of the Christmas season. We're planning on having an open house right before Christmas- I should start baking cookies and stuff now, but we don't have the freezer space to keep it all- that's our next purchase... After an external hard drive (so we can send home a Christmas DVD).

No comments: