Home sweet home in СПб (SPb). Ramblings from my mind about our family, life and ministry here in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Enjoy your peek into our world!
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
I'm beginning to like things I never liked before
I'm beginning to like things I never liked before. Weird things. Yes, it's true...Things like Seinfeld, Big Macs, and beets. Okay, the beets thing isn't totally true, only when they're IN something, like borsch or salad, but that's a long way from where I was when I left the states...I wouldn't have come w/in 10 feet of a beet, let alone allowed it on my plate! As for Big Macs and Seinfeld...I have dreams of Big Macs in my sleep, even though the first one I've ever had was in Moscow 3 weeks ago (in the states I only ate cheeseburgers and nuggets); and Seinfeld- well, It was about my least favorite show on TV, but right now it's the only sitcom we have! And in the last 2 weeks we've managed to watch the entire first 2 seasons! Living in a foreign country and a foreign culture will sure do weird things to you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment